Friday 3 December 2010

A Mail from Shafat Jamil - I thought that this would be important to Everyone

Hello Sir,

I  am really confused sir. I have many questions to ask, please send me the answers.

          What are the requirements for getting a full scholarship in USA?
          What subjects  should I have to get a scholarship?
          Is it true that I should have at least 8 subjects in o'level to get a scholarship?
          Which subjects I must have to appear in sat exams?
          Some say that 8 subjects are needed to get credit in oversea's universities, is it true?
          What subjects I have to study for sat?
          
Please sir send me the answers, I am in a great mess with these questions and I think you are the only person who can help me.

SHAFAT JAMIL
Shafat, 
Here are answers to ALL your questions. 
  1. Scholarship Requirements for US: Good Grades in O Level and AS Level + High SAT I and II scores + Good Extracurricular Activities and MOST IMPORTANTLY Excellent Quality Application Essays. 
  2. There is no mandatory subjects. But a combination of Math-English-Physics would be excellent. Having Economics will also be a big advantage.
  3. 8 Subjects are NOT required in ANY university - not even in Harvard or MIT. So, 8 subjects is a BIG LIE.
  4. In O Level you should have Maths - Physics - Language as 3 important subjects. Having Literature would be a HUGE advantage.
  5. The whole question of Credit is a misconception. Credit transfer is allowed when you want to transfer from Bangladesh to US universities. But is such case - there is NO scholarship or AID.
  6. For SAT-I you study English and Maths - English is the MOST difficult part. For SAT-II out of Physics+Maths+Chemistry+Literature, you have to take 2 subjects for a 2 hour exam.
Shafat, thank you asking all these questions. I will be happy to answer all your questions if you have any.   

No comments:

Post a Comment