Friday 26 November 2010

A New Start

Last week we [Nusaiba, Mohini, Noshin, Irfan, and myself] had a class where we had an engaged debate about the BEST way to manage time during exam season. It came out through our conversation that if someone starts the day early in the morning - s/he can perform better and ACTUALLY has more working hours than studying late at night. Irfan was our Case-study and here is the mail I received much to my satisfaction. I mus add that this mail is FAR better than the previous mails he sent. Here it goes - 

Sir,

After Sunday's class, I am really inspired by what you said earlier and I started to follow your instructions carefully. I did not use a notebook that you told me to use where I would write my day-to-day works but instead I kept them in mind and tried to follow them serially. My habit of staying out late during the night has decreased and I concentrated on my studies during the morning hour. Although it was not at all easy for me to change suddenly my regular routine but I am trying and soon I think I will adapt to my new and changed behavior.

I started reading Oxford Secondary English 4, as you previously told me that reading is the key factor to improve my English. So far, I have read some extracts from the Seely:

·         The Ages of Man
·         Memory of Childhood
·         Discord in Childhood
·         New York Subway
·         The Mask (At first I did not notice that it was an extract from Lord of the Flies but afterwards I finished it then I saw it.)

I know these are not much but I am really trying my best to read as more as possible. I also started reading Sophie’s World and also revised some of the Chekhov’s Short Stories. I think I will not be able to finish Sophie’s World before Friday but I will try.

Sir can you please tell me correct spelling of the ‘skeptical’ because in Seely I saw the spelling is ‘sceptical’ but when I inserted it in Microsoft word to know the meaning they are showing the spelling as ‘skeptical’.

Yours Faithfully,

Irfan

1 comment:

  1. After reading it I also take the initiative to wake up and study in the morning rather than studying at night

    ReplyDelete